Mar 9, 2009

L'Oreal Excellence Creme Haircolor

After using Wella products for many years and not being satisfied with the resulting color I decided to try L'Oreal Excellence Creme haircolor.

My natural haircolor is what is called "Dirty Dishwater Blonde," sort of a drab medium to dark blonde. I have been blonde for many years and have tried numerous products in the past to accomplish this. I've used everything from Sun In to drugstore haircolor.

For the past several years I have been buying my haircoloring supplies from Sally Beauty. They have a large selection of products with color swatches so you get an idea of what color you're buying. The haircoloring products sold at Sally Beauty are meant for professional use only. Caution must be taken when coloring your hair as it can result in hair breakage/damage and chemical burns, among other things.

The Wella Color Charm products I was using did not allow my hair to be as light as I wanted and tended to dry my hair out. I also tried Clairol and Ion haircolor, also available at Sally Beauty, but again I didn't acheive the color I wanted and those products tended to dry out my hair, especially the ends.

After choosing a color and using L'Oreal Excellence Creme haircolor, I was amazed at how good my hair felt afterward and for weeks after. The hair color must be mixed with the L'Oreal developer and nothing over 30 volume can be used. The no drip formula makes it easy to apply; however, it does drip some so use caution. The product scent is strong and lingers for days. I use only Mastey de Paris Traite Sulfate-Free Shampoo, which I feel, helps to preserve my color. All in all, I am pleased with the performance of L'Oreal Excellence Creme haircolor. It is for professional use only, as the packaging indicates.

Available for $5.99, $4.99 with a Sally Beauty Club Card, this product is sold in a 1.74 ounce metallic tube and comes in a large variety of colors including high lift blondes.

Ingredients: Vary by product.

2 comments:

  1. I use the 30 volume developer with my hair color but 20 volume is more gentle.

    You can email L'Oreal and ask them what strength developer they suggest using for your hair type.

    I just looked on my bottle of developer and it doesn't say how much to mix, I think it says on the bottle of color but I don't have any at the moment.

    Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your reply... I'm doing my hair today, so I really hope it turns out perfectly!! :) Regards, Janah

    ReplyDelete