Nov 9, 2009

Estee Lauder Time Zone Eye Cream

I received a jar of Estee Lauder Time Zone Eye Cream in a gift with purchase set. I bought a bottle of my favorite serum, Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex, and it came with a cosmetic bag of make-up and skin care samples.

This eye cream is very rich but spreads and absorbs extremely well. I like that it is supposed to drastically decrease the look of wrinkles in the eye area and features some of Estee Lauder's newest science. Despite the heaviness of this cream it absorbs extremely quickly and doesn't "feel" heavy on my skin.

However, after using it for just a few days I have developed a few breakouts in the eye area. Granted, my skin is easily broken out, but I was a bit surprised that I would breakout so quickly. I do not have the ingredient list for this product but I wonder if it contains mica which I know causes me breakouts (as does titanium, mineral oil, talc and petrolatum).

Despite my issues with breakouts, this is a wonderful, emollient, eye cream and it seems to moisturize extremely well. The Time Zone products seem to be aimed at those with more mature, drier skin and therefore this may possibly be too heavy for those with oilier skin types. However, as with most Estee Lauder products, this is a great product. If only they would resist using mica in so many things.

A half ounce jar retails for $43.50 on the Estee Lauder website and at Estee Lauder counters at finer department stores.

Ingredients: Currently unavailable

1 comment:

  1. That's weird since the product says it's non-acnegenic. I can't find a full ingredients list either.

    ReplyDelete